June 8 – 12, 2020 Space Limited!
Download the Application here.
APPLICATION DEADLINE May 1, 2020.
Our 7th Double Eagle Aviation Academy (DEAA) offers another fun and challenging week at the airport! Students ages 14 – 17 will explore a future in aviation. Students will learn about many facets of flying and airplanes:
- learn about career opportunities in aviation from professionals
- learn and practice reading weather reports
- learn how to control pitch, roll, and yaw
- learn the importance of balancing weight in the plane
- learn and practice interpreting the instrument “Six Pack”
- learn how aluminum structures are designed to be strong
- learn what is inside the motors of airplanes
- learn the legs of a traffic pattern
- learn and practice communicating at non-towered and towered airports
- learn and practice assembling a simple electrical wiring circuit
- learn and practice riveting and rolling aluminum to make part of an aileron
- learn and practice conducting an aircraft pre-flight inspection
- learn and practice planning a flight
- visit the Double Eagle control tower
- fly with one of our Chapter members on a special Young Eagles rally on the Saturday following (Jun 13)
The doors will open at 8:15 AM with time to meet pilots and spend time talking about and sitting in different airplanes each morning. Class starts at 9:00 AM. There will be morning and afternoon snacks and lunch is provided. Each day will end at 4:15 PM. A student notebook with the contents of all the presentations is provided to each student. If you are interested in aviation, this is an exceptional opportunity to discover the possibilities.
Questions? Let us know. Contact us at email@example.com
DEAA 2019 was an awesome week!
Thanks to the over 50 chapter volunteers, guest speakers, pilots with aircraft displays, donors, and reception participants! And especially thanks for an attentive group of students and supportive parents!
DEAA 2017 – A week to remember!
KUDOS to the over 50 volunteers from the area pilot community who annually share their time, aircraft, enthusiasm, experience, and advice with DEAA students!
Thanks to our over 50 volunteers and generous DEAA sponsors!
Aspen Avionics, Van’s Aircraft, David Clark, Aircraft Spruce, Bode Aviation, NMDOT Aviation Division, The City of Albuquerque, Best Buy (Eubank), Costco (Coors Bypass), Smiths (Golf Course Rd) and several individual EAA179 members and friends who donated student tuition.