Applications are now being accepted for 2020 Scholarships.
Go to the Online Application here.
APPLICATION DEADLINE – February 15, 2020
EAA Chapter 179 supports a full tuition scholarship to attend the EAA Advanced Air Academy in Oshkosh, Wisconsin. The weeklong Advanced Air Academy provides an atmosphere for mature students to become totally immersed in the world of flight. Ground instruction and introductory recreation flight experiences highlight this meaningful, action-packed week. It combines “in-the-air” and “on-the-ground” hands-on activities. Attendees also have an opportunity to experience EAA’s AirVenture. (Note: The recipient is responsible for providing transportation to Oshkosh and return. Assistance to cover travel may be available via separate application to EAA.)
Applications must be received by February 15, 2020. Applicants selected for this scholarship will be contacted to confirm their ability to attend the course in Oshkosh, WI. The scholarship will be awarded at the March Chapter meeting.
Applications will be evaluated on the applicant’s commitment to pursuing an aviation related career. An application that describes any work-in-progress or accomplishments towards any aviation related career will help the committee choose the best qualified candidate. For example, for those with a goal of becoming a pilot, EAA offers a guide for attaining a pilot certificate (“Pilot Training Steps“); such activities are part of the criteria used for awarding scholarships.
2020 Program: Apply using an Online Form where you will find further information. Applications will be accepted through February 15, 2020; recipients will be notified by the March Chapter 179 meeting when awards will be presented.
Special instructions for applicants for the Advanced Air Academy:
Applicants who are not awarded a Chapter Scholarship will automatically be considered for award of the Advanced Air Academy Scholarship. If you are applying for only the Advanced Air Academy:
- Disregard questions on the Application that relate to funding
- In the file answering the Six Questions:
- State that your are applying specifically for the Advanced Air Academy
- Disregard answering the questions that relate to funding
To qualify for the Advanced Air Academy Scholarship, you must:
- Be 16, 17, or 18 years of age or less and be a resident of New Mexico.
- Complete the online application form, which includes:
- In 2 pages or less, describe your interest in aviation and your future including your aviation goals, any connections to EAA Chapter 179, level of aviation experience and achievements, and how you will give back to the community after reaching your goals.
- Provide a copy of an unofficial school transcript.
- Provide at least one reference letter (no more than three) from someone other than a family member who is familiar with your motivation, ability, and potential regarding aviation. Scan and upload both as PDF files.
Wish to Apply? Go to the online Application Form
Submit by February 15, 2020
Questions? Send to email@example.com
DONATE TODAY! We encourage & accept donations of any amount to our general scholarship fund, the Bob Hartman Memorial Scholarship, or Jay Schmitt Memorial Scholarship funds. Chapter 179 is a 501c(3) tax exempt charitable organization. Thus, all donations are fully TAX DEDUCTIBLE. To send a check, make it out to “EAA 179 Scholarship” and mail to EAA Chapter 179; P.O. Box 3583; Albuquerque, NM 87190.