Applications are now being accepted for 2020 Scholarships.
Online Application – Apply here!
APPLICATION DEADLINE – February 15, 2020
The Albuquerque Chapter 179 of the Experimental Aircraft Association awards scholarships annually to candidates pursuing aviation education including flight training, A&P certification, or other activities for applicants intent on entering an aviation-related occupation. Applicants must be 25 years of age or less and residents of New Mexico. The amount and number of grants are determined each year and contingent on available funding.
Examples of how these funds can be used are:
– Working toward certification, including aircraft rental, CFI fees, or tuition for relevant courses
– FAA testing fees
– FAA text books, review guides, and such
Applications must be received by February 15, 2020. Recipients are notified and awarded certificates at the March Chapter meeting. Scholarships must be focused on their aviation endeavors and are paid directly to the school or instructor on behalf of the student recipient.
Applications will be evaluated on the applicant’s commitment to pursuing an aviation related career. An application that describes any work-in-progress or accomplishments towards any aviation related career will help the committee choose the best qualified candidate. For example, for those with a goal of becoming a pilot, EAA offers a guide for attaining a pilot certificate (“Pilot Training Steps“); such activities are part of the criteria used for awarding scholarships.
Scholarship funds are not to be used for general studies and school expenses.
Apply using an Online Form, where you will find further information and the application form. Applications will be accepted through February 15, 2020; recipients will be notified by the March Chapter 179 meeting when awards will be presented.
To qualify, you must:
- Be 25 years of age or less and be a resident of New Mexico.
- In 2 pages or less, describe your interest in aviation and your future including how much ($) you are requesting, JUSTIFY specifically how it will be spent, your aviation goals, any connections to EAA Chapter 179, level of aviation experience and achievements, and how you will give back to the community after reaching your goals.
- Provide a copy of an unofficial school transcript.
- Provide at least one reference letter (no more than three) from someone other than a family member who is familiar with your motivation, ability, and potential regarding aviation. Scan and upload both as PDF files.
Wish to Apply? Go to the online Application Form
Submit by February 15, 2020
Questions? Send to firstname.lastname@example.org
DONATE TODAY! We encourage & accept donations of any amount to our general scholarship fund, the Bob Hartman Memorial Scholarship, or Jay Schmitt Memorial Scholarship funds. Chapter 179 is a 501c(3) tax exempt charitable organization. Thus, all donations are fully TAX DEDUCTIBLE. To send a check, make it out to “EAA 179 Scholarship” and mail to EAA Chapter 179; P.O. Box 3583; Albuquerque, NM 87190.