EAA Chapter 179 conducts or is involved in many activities that support the Chapter and its commitment to supporting aviation in New Mexico.
- Monthly Meetings: With COVID-19 restrictions, we meet via ZOOM. Click here for information to join us.
- Land of Enchantment Fly In (LOEFI): In late September we host LOEFI at Albuquerque’s Double Eagle II Airport (KAEG), previously held at Moriarty.
- Young Eagles: Our volunteer pilots introduce young people 8 – 17 years old to aviation with a free flight.
- IMC Club: We host monthly meetings/workshops to promote instrument flying, proficiency, and safety.
- Scholarships: We grant scholarships annually to applicants with goals of becoming involved in aviation.
- Chapter 179 Scholarships: to applicants under age 25 pursuing education in aviation-related fields (flight training, A&P certification, etc.).
- EAA’s Advanced Air Academy: tuition scholarships for for youth ages 16 – 18 to attend in Oshkosh, WI.
- Ray Aviation Scholarships: A prestigious EAA scholarship supporting a student pilot through completion of a Private Pilot certificate.
- Double Eagle Aviation Academy: offering teens an opportunity to explore a future in aviation through a week long program at Double Eagle II.
- Flying Start and Eagle Flights: providing an informational session for adults who are serious about learning to fly. EAA pilots volunteer as mentors to help participants get started towards their goals and provide an introductory “Eagle Flight”.
- Sponsor the NM Tech Aero team in their competition to scratch build and fly a model electric airplane.
- Local Outreach: Engage in and support activities throughout the region which promote general aviation.
Want to Contribute? DONATE TODAY! We appreciate donations of any amount to our main scholarship fund or general fund. Donate Online or send a check to EAA Chapter 179; P.O. Box 3583; Albuquerque, NM 87190. Thank you!