Chapter Aviation Scholarships
Experimental Aircraft Association Chapter 179 awards scholarships each year to applicants 25 years of age or less, currently seeking aviation education such as flight training, A&P certification, etc. The amount and number of grants are determined by our Board of Directors each year, contingent on funding available. Funds are paid directly to the school/instructor on behalf of the recipient. All applications to be completed online.
$12,000 AWARDED TO 2019 SCHOLARSHIP RECIPIENTS!
2019 Chapter 179 Aviation Scholarship Award Recipients
Taylor Jenkins – Jay Schmitt Memorial Scholarship
Matthew McKelvey – Bob Hartman Memorial Scholarship
Kiera Bethke – EAA 179 Aviation Scholarship
Samuel Cortes – EAA 179 Aviation Scholarship
Christian Orehek – EAA 179 Aviation Scholarship
Rowan Phlieger – EAA 179 Aviation Scholarship
Alec Villarreal – EAA 179 Aviation Scholarship
2019 EAA Advanced Air Academy Tuition Recipients
2019 RAY SCHOLARSHIP AWARDED TO Rowan Phlieger!
Chapter 179 was awarded EAA’s 2019 Ray Aviation Fund Scholarship. Rowan Phlieger was selected from 2019 chapter scholarship applicants to receive this $10,000 flight training scholarship to complete Private Pilot training. CONGRATULATIONS on achieving your PPL over the summer!
Read about eligibility requirements for Ray Scholars HERE.
Submitting Applications for 2020 Scholarships
Applications for 2020 Scholarships are to be submitted using an Online Form, where you will find further information and the application form. Applications will be accepted through February 15, 2020; recipients will be notified by the March Chapter 179 meeting when awards will be presented.
To qualify, you must:
- Be 25 years of age or less and be a resident of New Mexico.
- In 2 pages or less, describe your interest in aviation and your future including how much ($) you are requesting, JUSTIFY specifically how it will be spent, your aviation goals, any connections to EAA Chapter 179, level of aviation experience and achievements, and how you will give back to the community after reaching your goals.
- Provide a copy of an unofficial school transcript.
- Provide at least one reference letter (no more than three) from someone other than a family member who is familiar with your motivation, ability, and potential regarding aviation. Scan and upload both as PDF files.
Wish to Apply? Browse to the Application Form
Questions? Send to email@example.com
We encourage and accept donations of any amount to our general scholarship fund, the Bob Hartman Memorial Scholarship, or Jay Schmitt Memorial Scholarship funds. Chapter 179 is a 501c(3) tax exempt charitable organization. Thus, all donations are fully TAX DEDUCTIBLE. To send a check, make it out to “EAA 179 Scholarship” and mail to EAA Chapter 179; P.O. Box 3583; Albuquerque, NM 87190.
For scholarships to EAA’s Air Academy, click here.
EAA 179 AWARDED $10,400 TO 2017 SCHOLARSHIP RECIPIENTS!
Meet our 2017 Recipients – click for presentation
2017 Aviation Scholarship Recipients: $1500
- Zachary Andrews – Jay Schmitt Memorial Scholarship
- Nathan Mendoza – Bob Hartman Memorial Scholarship
- Ryan Moloney – EAA 179 Aviation Scholarship
- Nicholas Pashenkov – EAA 179 Aviation Scholarship
- Kasia Segieda – EAA 179 Aviation Scholarship
2017 EAA Advanced Air Academy Tuition Recipients: $1455
- Larissa “Lacey” Stickney
- Sam Baczkewicz