For LOEFI 2022, awards were given for aircraft in 9 categories. Pilots opted to have their aircraft included in the judging when they registered.
- A team of Chapter members then appraised each aircraft, considering appearance and other subjective considerations. Judging took place between 0830 and 1130.
- The public was also given the opportunity to cast a ballot for the “People’s Choice” award. Counting the ballots, the judges found that there was a tie, so the award was given to each.
- Based on information provided by the pilots when they registered, the award for “Most Distant Fly-in” was given to the pilot from most distant home airport in ‘air miles’.
- Trophies were presented on stage to the award winners at 1330. (Trophies will be mailed to any who were not present to receive them.)
- A framed photo of the winning aircraft will be forwarded to the winners honoring their recognition as winners at LOEFI 2022.
Congratulations 2022 Award Winners
Photos Coming Soon!
|Best Plans Built||Martin deStefano||Skybolt||N117JR|
|Best Kit Built||Martin Guenin||Glassair Sportsman||N876Z|
|Best Contemporary||Rick Bosshardt||Cubcrafters||N15NX|
|Best Classic||Jerry Powers||V35 Bonanza||N1QG|
|Best LSA/Trike||Janet Crosby||Zlin Savage||N3311|
|Best Warbird||Phil Phillips||L-19 Birddog||N219TH|
|Most Distant Fly-In||Andrew Rivas||F33 Bonanza||N442FT|
|People’s Choice||Martin deStefano||Skybolt||N117JR|
|Grand Champion||Glenn Anderson||Beech T-34||N334JP|
HISTORY: 2021 Awards
Below are photos of the LOEFI 2021 winning aircraft. (2022 photos coming soon!)
Thanks go out to all the pilots who joined in the aircraft judging. And to the Members who volunteered to be judges for this traditional activity of LOEFI for many years.
Photos by Bill Donald and Larry Bell
George Young, 10/12/2021