SAVE THE DATE! September 24, 2022
Details Coming Soon!
What’s a Fly-In?
Similar to a car show, aircraft fly in to be judged, while spectators get to see a gathering of amateur built, antique and other unique aircraft — and meet their pilots, builders, and restorers! Expected highlights include the Chile Flight (formation flying team), helicopters, gliders, ultralights, and static displays of remote controlled aircraft.
What’s there to do? (This list was for LOEFI 2021, it may change for LOEFI 2022.)
- Come early to see aircraft as they arrive and catch the 8AM Opening Ceremony and flag raising
- Browse the Exhibit Hall with aviation businesses, educational institutions, and nonprofit organizations.
- Learn about aviation education, careers, technology, in the Exhibit Hall and by attending SEMINARS!
- Enjoy breakfast and lunch – food trucks on site all day!
- Try riveting at the Builders’ Corner! 3D Printing! Talk to builders!
- Engage the kids in the Youth Aviators Center
- PILOTS! Attend SEMINARS about flying New Mexico; earn WINGS credits!
- Shop at EAA 179′s Fly Mart and buy used aviation treasures
- Stroll the ramp of aircraft, military vehicles, and cars. Click here for map of the Fly-in Ramp Layout for 2021.
- Again This Year: Camping on KAEG for Fly-In Pilots – barbecue Friday & Saturday afternoons.
- Again This Year: Raffles for some truly great prizes.
- Girls in Aviation Day – sponsored by Exhibitor, WAI-LOE (Pre-registration required)
What to bring? A refillable drinking water container, sun protection, comfortable shoes, your mask, and your camera!
FREE Admission and parking, donations accepted. Any proceeds go towards activities supporting EAA Chapter 179’s mission including aviation scholarships, Double Eagle Aviation Adventure (teen STEM program), Young Eagles events, and youth outreach activities. Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- From Albuquerque (from the Big I): Take I-40 west to Atrisco Vista Blvd, turn north to the Double Eagle II airport, follow the signs to parking. (Google Map)
- From Rio Rancho (from Paseo Del Norte and I-25): Take Paseo Del Norte Blvd NE westbound. It turns south becoming Atrisco Vista Blvd, to the Double Eagle II airport, follow the signs to parking. (Google Map)
In addition to the members of EAA Chapter 179, many others contribute to making this a successful event each year. See our list of Sponsors and Exhibitors here.
WANT TO VOLUNTEER? Tell us of your interest by sending eMail to email@example.com. Other than support from airport or FBO personnel, this event is run completely by volunteers.