Check out the highlights.
Planning is under way.
|Awards & Photos
Exhibitors & Sponsors
|What’s there to do?
Drive-in Directions to Double Eagle II
Bulletin: New This Year
On-Field Camping, Friday & Sat Nights
Check Details on the Pilots Page
Interested in being an exhibitor or sponsor?
What’s a Fly-In?
Similar to a car show, aircraft fly in to be judged, while spectators get to see a gathering of amateur built, antique and other unique aircraft — and meet their pilots, builders, and restorers! Expected highlights include the Chile Flight (formation flying team), helicopters, gliders, ultralights, and static displays of remote controlled aircraft.
What’s there to do?
- Come early to see aircraft as they arrive and catch the 8AM Opening Ceremony and flag raising
- Browse the Exhibit Hall with aviation businesses, educational institutions, and nonprofit organizations.
- Learn about aviation education, careers, technology, in the Exhibit Hall and attending SEMINARS!
- Enjoy breakfast and lunch on site!
- Try riveting at the Builders’ Corner! 3D Printing! Talk to builders!
- Engage the kids in the Youth Aviators Center
- PILOTS! Attend SEMINARS about flying New Mexico; earn WINGS credits!
- Shop at EAA 179′s Fly Mart and buy used aviation treasures
- Stroll the ramp of aircraft, military vehicles, and cars. Click here for map of the Fly-in Ramp Layout for 2019.
What to bring? A refillable drinking water container, sun protection, comfortable shoes, and your camera!
FREE Admission and parking, donations accepted. Any proceeds go towards activities supporting EAA Chapter 179’s mission including aviation scholarships, Double Eagle Aviation Adventure (teen STEM program), Young Eagles events, and youth outreach activities. Questions? Contact us at email@example.com.
DRIVE IN DIRECTIONS to Double Eagle II Airport:
- From Albuquerque (from the Big I): Take I-40 west to Paseo del Volcan (formerly Atrisco Vista Blvd), turn north to the Double Eagle II airport, follow the signs to parking. (Google Map)
- From Rio Rancho (from Paseo Del Norte and I-25): Take Paseo Del Norte Blvd NE westbound. It turns south becoming Paseo del Volcan (formerly Atrisco Vista Blved), to the Double Eagle II airport, follow the signs to parking. (Google Map)
FOR PILOTS: Join our community of pilots, members of EAA 179 and other New Mexico chapters, for a day of checking out other pilots’ airplanes, browsing the exhibit hall and attending seminars for information on many topics, and sharing your passion for flying and aviation with other pilots and the public in attendance. Oh yes, and our Chapter’s “famous” breakfast and lunch.
- Seminars: Check back for seminar list, which will include WINGS qualified seminars.
- Camping: We’re working to arrange for accommodations for camping on the airfield.
- Aircraft Awards: Best Plans Built; Best Kit Built, Contemporary (1971 – present); Classic (prior to 1971); LSA/Trike; Warbird; Most Distant Fly-in, People’s Choice; LOEFI Grand Champion (judge’s choice)
Pilots Flying or Driving to LOEFI? Click here for more information, as our planning goes forward.
WANT TO VOLUNTEER? Tell us of your interest by sending eMail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Other than support from airport or FBO personnel, this event is run completely by volunteers.
2021 Exhibitor Reservations Open
Join us as a LOEFI 2021 Exhibitor or Sponsor! Reserve space today! Download the new LOEFI Sponsorship form for 2021 specifics. $200 donation for a 10′ x 10′ Commercial booth; $50 for Nonprofit Organizations. Maximize your exposure with early payment. More info on our main LOEFI Exhibitor-Sponsor page.
Enjoy memories of LOEFI 2019
Great 5 minute video, highlights of LOEFI 2019
2019 & Previous Award Winners and Event Photo
Download 2019 Poster Download 2019 Media Release
2019 Schedule 2019 Ramp Map
Thanks to all who made LOEFI 2019 a fabulous day!