September 24, 2022
What’s a Fly-In?
Similar to a car show, aircraft fly in to be judged, while spectators get to see a gathering of amateur built, antique, military, and other unique aircraft — and meet their pilots, builders, and restorers! Expected highlights include the Chile Flight (formation flying team), helicopters, gliders, ultralights, and static displays of remote-controlled aircraft.
What’s there to do?
- Come early to see arriving aircraft and catch the 8AM Opening Ceremony!
- Browse the Exhibit Hall with aviation businesses, educational institutions, and nonprofit organizations.
- Learn about aviation education, careers, technology
- Enjoy breakfast and lunch – food trucks on site all day!
- Try riveting at the Builders’ Corner! 3D Printing! Talk to aircraft builders!
- Engage the kids in the Youth Aviators Center
- PILOTS! Attend SEMINARS about flying New Mexico and Weather; earn FAA WINGS credits!
- Shop EAA 179′s Fly Mart; buy used aviation treasures
- Stroll the ramp of aircraft, MOPAR cars. See 2022 map of Fly-in Ramp layout
- Celebrate milestones! 30th Anniversary of EAA Young Eagles! 50th Anniversary of Van’s Aircraft, Van’s RV kit manufacturer; Completion of EAA 179’s RV-12!
- Camping on KAEG for Fly-In Pilots – Cookouts Friday & Saturday evenings.
- Raffle for a custom-made PEDAL PLANE!
- Girls in Aviation Day – sponsored by Exhibitor, WAI-LOE (Pre-registration required)
What to bring? A refillable drinking water container, sun protection, comfortable shoes, and your camera!
FREE Admission and parking, donations accepted. Any proceeds go towards activities supporting EAA Chapter 179’s mission including aviation scholarships, Double Eagle Aviation Adventure (teen STEM program), Young Eagles events, and youth outreach activities. Questions? Contact us at email@example.com
- From Albuquerque (from the Big I): Take I-40 west to Atrisco Vista Blvd, turn north to the Double Eagle II airport, follow the signs to parking. (Google Map)
- From Rio Rancho (from Paseo Del Norte and I-25): Take Paseo Del Norte Blvd NE westbound. It turns south becoming Atrisco Vista Blvd, to the Double Eagle II airport, follow the signs to parking. (Google Map)
In addition to the members of EAA Chapter 179, many others contribute to making this a successful event each year. Volcano Vista High School band and Dance Team are participating this year! See our full list of Sponsors and Exhibitors here.
WANT TO VOLUNTEER? Tell us of your interest by sending eMail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Other than support from airport or FBO personnel, this event is run completely by volunteers.
Updated 08/16/2022-jmwm, 08/21/2022-goy