BULLETIN, July 28, 2020 – July Chapter Gathering, July 28th
The Monthly Gathering for July has been scheduled for today:
July 28th, 5:30 (1730) – Social
6:00 (1800) – Program
Topics for the meeting are:
* RV-12 Donation and Build Project – Gwen Walcott & others
* Flying Club Formation Plans – Art Woods
* EAA’s Spirit of Aviation Week recap – Joyce Woods
Join the ZOOM meeting using computer, tablet, or smartphone with the following link:
If calling in for audio-onlyl, dial one of these:
(253)215-8782, (346)248-7799, or (669)900-9128
Meeting ID: 996 8148 6825
OTHER EVENT ANNOUNCEMENTS
Chapter Meetings during COVID-19
During these times with COVID-19 and the restrictions on hosting group activities, EAA 179 continues to hold meetings, including the monthly Chapter meetings. But … we’re holding them online via ZOOM. Everyone misses the opportunity for socializing in person, getting caught up with friends on recent projects and flying activities. But .. Emilio, our President, has arranged for presentations that make the ZOOM sessions interesting and educational. Please plan on joining the Chapter Social meetings the 3rd Tuesday of each month. Current members should receive a ZOOM invitation 2 or 3 days prior to the meeting. If you wish to “attend” and don’t receive an invitation, check here on our Web Site for the information that you will need. Hope to see you there.
- LOEFI 2020 has been CANCELLED
With regrets, the Board of EAA Chapter 179, at the recommendation of the LOEFI Planning Committee, has decided to cancel the Land of Enchantment Fly-In for 2020. This is out of concern for the safety of visitors, exhibitors, Chapter members & other volunteers, and is due as well to restrictions on public activities, all related to COVID-19. The Chapter is investigating other activities to showcase EAA and General Aviation in Albuquerque and surrounding communities. Follow us on Facebook to stay abreast of our plans. And we will be starting now to plan LOEFI 2021, to make it as successful an event as ever. Thank you for your interest and support. Stay in touch.
Message from Emilio, our Chapter President:
“In these times of social distancing, there are activities we can participate in while taking care of our health. In this age of social media, sometimes at overload capacity, we can participate in Facetime, Skype, or even Zoom meetings with our phones or tablets to keep in touch with our family, friends, fellow aviators and EAA Chapter 179 friends.”
BULLETIN: NEXT YOUNG EAGLES EVENT
EAA 179 Scholarships
For LATEST INFORMATION, check our FACEBOOK page!
We are recreational pilots, aircraft builders, and aviation enthusiasts who love to share our passion for aviation with the general public, promote aviation safety and educations, and serve the local aviation community.
Whether you fly, build, restore or simply enjoy airplanes and aviation, you are welcome to attend our events and join our chapter. Come to our next meeting or event!
What We Do
- Meet monthly, on the 3rd Tuesday at Copper Canyon Café, 5455 Gibson Blvd SE, Albuquerque. 5:00 no-host social time over dinner, 6:00 chapter meeting with an aviation presentation to follow. December meeting at an alternate location – contact us.
- Host the annual Land of Enchantment Fly In in late August/early September at Albuquerque’s Double Eagle II Airport (KAEG), previously held at Moriarty.
- Our volunteer pilots introduce young people 8 – 17 years old to aviation with a free Young Eagles flight.
- Promote instrument flying, proficiency, and safety through monthly IMC Club meetings.
- Grant Scholarships annually to applicants with goals of becoming involved in aviation.
- Conduct the annual Double Eagle Aviation Academy, offering teens an opportunity to explore a future in aviation through a week long program at the airport.
- Host EAA’s “Flying Start” and “Eagle Flights” programs, providing an informational session for adults who are serious about learning to fly. EAA pilots volunteer as mentors to help participants get started towards their goals, providing an introductory “Eagle Flight”.
- Sponsor the NM Tech Aero team in their competition to scratch build and fly a model electric airplane.
- Participate in local outreach activities which promote general aviation.