BULLETIN, Mar 26, 2020 – EVENT CANCELLATIONS
Due to the limitation of activities dealing with COVID-19,
EAA 179 is cancelling the following events:
- Young Eagles Rally scheduled for Apr 11
- The Social Gathering scheduled for Apr 21
For Chapter Members:
> Plans are being made to conduct a Presentation of Scholarships online via Zoom. Details will be forthcoming here.
> The DEAA Planning Meeting scheduled for Apr 11 may also be conducted using Zoom.
STUDENTS 14-17 >> APPLY NOW
BULLETIN: NEXT YOUNG EAGLES EVENT
For LATEST INFORMATION, check our FACEBOOK page!
We are recreational pilots, aircraft builders, and aviation enthusiasts who love to share our passion for aviation with the general public, promote aviation safety and educations, and serve the local aviation community.
Whether you fly, build, restore or simply enjoy airplanes and aviation, you are welcome to attend our events and join our chapter. Come to our next meeting or event!
What We Do
- Meet monthly, on the 3rd Tuesday at Copper Canyon Café, 5455 Gibson Blvd SE, Albuquerque. 5:00 no-host social time over dinner, 6:00 chapter meeting with an aviation presentation to follow. December meeting at an alternate location – contact us.
- Host the annual Land of Enchantment Fly In in late August/early September at Albuquerque’s Double Eagle II Airport (KAEG), previously held at Moriarty.
- Our volunteer pilots introduce young people 8 – 17 years old to aviation with a free Young Eagles flight.
- Promote instrument flying, proficiency, and safety through monthly IMC Club meetings.
- Grant Scholarships annually to applicants with goals of becoming involved in aviation.
- Conduct the annual Double Eagle Aviation Academy, offering teens an opportunity to explore a future in aviation through a week long program at the airport.
- Host EAA’s “Flying Start” program, providing an informational session for adults who are serious about learning to fly. EAA pilots volunteer as mentors to help participants get started towards their goals, providing an introductory “Eagle Flight”.
- Sponsor the NM Tech Aero team in their competition to scratch build and fly a model electric airplane.
- Participate in local outreach activities which promote general aviation.<