NEW!!! EAA 179 forms new IMC Club NEW!!
We are the Albuquerque chapter of the Experimental Aircraft Association (EAA), headquartered in Oshkosh, WI.
What We Do
- Meet monthly, on the 3rd Tuesday at Copper Canyon Café, 5455 Gibson Blvd SE, Albuquerque. 5:00 no-host social time over dinner, 6:00 chapter meeting with an aviation presentation to follow. December meeting at an alternate location – contact us.
- Host the annual Land of Enchantment Fly In in late August/early September at Albuquerque’s Double Eagle II Airport (KAEG), previously held at Moriarty.
- Our volunteer pilots introduce young people 8 – 17 years old to aviation with a free Young Eagles flight.
- Promote instrument flying, proficiency, and safety through monthly IMC Club meetings.
- Grant aviation scholarships annually to applicants under age 25 pursuing an aviation education (flight training, A&P certification, etc.). Presented at March chapter meeting.
- Grant tuition scholarships for EAA’s Air Academy in Oshkosh, WI.
- Conduct the annual Double Eagle Aviation Academy, offering teens an opportunity to explore a future in aviation through a week long program at the airport.
- Sponsor the NM Tech Aero team in their competition to scratch build and fly a model electric airplane.
- Participate in local outreach activities which promote general aviation.