- CANCELLED – Young Eagles Event for November 7th, 2020
With respect for restrictions on public events due to Covid-19, the Chapter board has cancelled this 4th Young Eagles Event for 2020. We share the disappointment with those who have made plans to attend. Please stay tuned here or on Facebook for the announcement of Events for 2021.
- Chapter Meetings during COVID-19 – Next meeting >> November 17
Everyone misses the opportunity for socializing in person, getting caught up with friends on recent projects and flying activities. Emilio, our President, also makes arrangements for presentations that make the ZOOM sessions interesting and educational. Please plan on joining the Chapter Social meetings the 3rd Tuesday of each month, Social time at 1730, Meeting at 1800. Current members should receive a ZOOM invitation 2 or 3 days prior to the meeting. If you wish to “attend” and don’t receive an invitation, check here for information that you will need. Hope to see you there.
Message from Emilio, our Chapter President:
“In these times of social distancing, there are activities we can participate in while taking care of our health. In this age of social media, sometimes at overload capacity, we can participate in Facetime, Skype, or even Zoom meetings with our phones or tablets to keep in touch with our family, friends, fellow aviators and EAA Chapter 179 friends.”
YOUNG EAGLES EVENTS
For LATEST INFORMATION, check our FACEBOOK page!
We are recreational pilots, aircraft builders, and aviation enthusiasts who love to share our passion for aviation with the general public, promote aviation safety and educations, and serve the local aviation community.
Whether you fly, build, restore or simply enjoy airplanes and aviation, you are welcome to attend our events and join our chapter. Come to our next meeting or event!
What We Do
- Meet monthly, on the 3rd Tuesday at Copper Canyon Café, 5455 Gibson Blvd SE, Albuquerque. 5:00 no-host social time over dinner, 6:00 chapter meeting with an aviation presentation to follow. December meeting at an alternate location – contact us. — In these days of restrictions due to Covid 19, meetings are held via ZOOM.
- Land of Enchantment Fly In (LOEFI): In late September we host LOEFI at Albuquerque’s Double Eagle II Airport (KAEG), previously held at Moriarty.
- Young Eagles: Young Our volunteer pilots introduce young people 8 – 17 years old to aviation with a free flight.
- IMC Club: We host monthly meetings/workshops to promote instrument flying, proficiency, and safety.
- Scholarships: We grant scholarships annually to applicants with goals of becoming involved in aviation.
- Double Eagle Aviation Academy, offering teens an opportunity to explore a future in aviation through a week long program at Double Eagle II.
- Flying Start and Eagle Flights: providing an informational session for adults who are serious about learning to fly. EAA pilots volunteer as mentors to help participants get started towards their goals and provide an introductory “Eagle Flight”.
- Sponsor the NM Tech Aero team in their competition to scratch build and fly a model electric airplane.
- Local Outreach: Engage in and support activities throughout the region which promote general aviation.