Awards were given for aircraft in 6 categories plus Most Distant Flyin and Grand Champion. Pilots opted to have their aircraft included in the judging when they registered. An award was also given for the People’s Choice, based on ballots cast by visitors to LOEFI 2023.
- A team of Chapter members then appraised each aircraft, considering appearance and other subjective considerations. Judging took place between 0830 and 1130.
- Attendees were given the opportunity to cast a ballot for the “People’s Choice” award.
- Based on information provided by the pilots when they registered, the award for “Most Distant Flyin” was given to the pilot from most distant home airport in ‘air miles’.
- Trophies were presented on stage to the award winners at 1330. (Trophies will be mailed to any not present.)
- A framed photo of the winning aircraft will also be provided honoring their recognition as winners at LOEFI 2023.
Congratulations 2023 Award Winners
|Best Plans Built||Martin DiStefano||Steen Skybolt||N117JR|
|Best Kit Built||Tom Dollmeyer||Glassair Super II FT||N59CL|
|Best Contemporary||Michael McCann||Cessna 206 Stationair||N5716J|
|Best Classic||Larry Shapnek||Piper PA-12 Super Cruiser||N4159M|
|Best LSA/Trike||Janet Crosby||Zlin Savage iCub – LSA||N3311|
|Best Warbird||Phil Phillips||L-19 Birddog||N219TH|
|Most Distant Fly-In||William Wright||Cessna C-172 Skyhawk||N35627|
|People’s Choice||Rodney Jarrell||Vans RV-10||N104AZ|
|Grand Champion||Rodney Jarrell||Vans RV-10||N104AZ|
|Honorable Mention||Mike Paxson||P-51 Pedal Plane||413984|
LOEFI 2023 Award Winners
Again this year, thanks go out to all the pilots who joined in the aircraft judging. And to the Members who volunteered to be judges for this traditional activity of LOEFI for many years.
Photos by Raymond Alderete