The date has been set for the
2020 Land of Enchantment Fly-In
Mark your calendar: September 26, 2020
What’s a Fly-In?
Similar to a car show, aircraft fly in to be judged, while spectators get to see a gathering of amateur built, antique and other unique aircraft — and meet their pilots, builders, and restorers! Expected highlights include the Chile Flight (formation flying team), helicopters, gliders, ultralights, and static displays of remote controlled aircraft.
What’s there to do?
- Come early to see aircraft as they arrive and catch the 8AM Opening Ceremony and flag raising
- Browse the Exhibit Hall with aviation businesses, educational institutions, and nonprofit organizations.
- Learn about aviation education, careers, technology, in the Exhibit Hall and attending SEMINARS!
- Enjoy EAA 179’s breakfast and lunch on site!
- Try riveting at the Builders’ Corner! 3D Printing! Talk to builders!
- Engage the kids in the Youth Aviators Center
- PILOTS! Attend SEMINARS about flying New Mexico; earn WINGS credits!
- Shop at EAA 179′s Fly Mart and buy used aviation treasures
- Stroll the ramp of aircraft, military vehicles, and cars. Click here for map of the Fly-in Ramp Layout for 2019.
What to bring? A refillable drinking water container, sun protection, comfortable shoes, and your camera!
FREE Admission and parking, donations accepted. Any proceeds go towards activities supporting EAA Chapter 179’s mission including aviation scholarships, Double Eagle Aviation Adventure (teen STEM program), Young Eagles events, and youth outreach activities. Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
FOR PILOTS: Join our community of pilots, members of EAA 179 and other New Mexico chapters, for a day of checking out other pilots’ airplanes, browsing the exhibit hall and attending seminars for information on many topics, and sharing your passion for flying and aviation with other pilots and the public in attendance. Oh yes, and our Chapter’s “famous” breakfast and lunch.
- Seminars: Check back for seminar list, which will include WINGS qualified seminars.
- Camping: We’re working to arrange for accommodations for camping on the airfield.
- Aircraft Awards: Best Amateur Built Aircraft; Best Contemporary (1956-1970) Aircraft; Best Vintage Aircraft; Best Warbird; Best Light Sport Aircraft; Best Trike; Best Sailplane; Oldest Aircraft; Most Distant Fly-In; Grand Champion; People’s Choice; Kids’ Favorite
DRIVE IN DIRECTIONS to Double Eagle II Airport: Take I-40 or Paseo del Norte west to Atrisco Vista Blvd. and follow airport signs to parking.
Pilots Flying or Driving to LOEFI? Click here for more information, as our planning goes forward.
LOEFI Exhibitor and General Donations appreciated. $200 donation requested for a 10′ x 10′ Commercial booth; $50 for 8′ x 10′ Nonprofit Org booth. Reserve your booth today! Pay online or mail your check to EAA179; P.O. Box 3583; Albuquerque, NM 87190-3583.
Last Year’s Event
Thanks to all who made it a fabulous day!