The date has been set for the 2020 Land of Enchantment Fly-In
Mark your calendar: September 26, 2020
Last Year’s Event, September 21, 2019 at Double Eagle II Airport
Thanks to all who made it a fabulous day!
Similar to a car show, aircraft fly in to be judged, while spectators get to see a gathering of amateur built, antique and other unique aircraft — and meet their pilots, builders, and restorers! Expected highlights include the Chile Flight (formation flying team), helicopters, gliders, ultralights, and static displays of remote controlled aircraft.
What’s there to do?
- Come early to see aircraft as they arrive and catch the 8AM Opening Ceremony and flag raising
- Browse the Exhibit Hall with aviation businesses, educational institutions, and nonprofit organizations.
- Learn about aviation education, careers, technology, in the Exhibit Hall and SEMINARS!
- Enjoy EAA 179’s pancake breakfast and lunch on site!
- Try riveting at the Builders’ Corner! 3D Printing! Talk to builders!
- Engage the kids in the Youth Aviators Center
- PILOTS! Attend SEMINARS about flying New Mexico; all three earn WINGS credits!
- Shop at EAA 179′s Fly Mart and buy used aviation treasures
- Stroll the ramp of aircraft, military vehicles, and cars. Click here for map of the Fly-in Ramp Layout.
What to bring? A refillable drinking water container, sun protection, comfortable shoes, and your camera!
FREE Admission and parking, donations accepted. Any proceeds go towards activities supporting EAA Chapter 179’s mission including aviation scholarships, Double Eagle Aviation Adventure (teen STEM program), Young Eagles events, and youth outreach activities. Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Aircraft Award Categories: Best Amateur Built Aircraft; Best Contemporary (1956-1970) Aircraft; Best Vintage Aircraft; Best Warbird; Best Light Sport Aircraft; Best Trike; Best Sailplane; Oldest Aircraft; Most Distant Fly-In; Grand Champion; People’s Choice; Kids’ Favorite
DRIVE IN DIRECTIONS to Double Eagle II Airport: Take I-40 or Paseo del Norte west to Atrisco Vista Blvd. and follow airport signs to parking.
Pilots Flying or Driving to LOEFI? Click here for more information, including option for camping at 1N1.