HOLD THE DATE! LOEFI 2018: August 25, 2018
What’s a Fly-In?
Similar to a car show, aircraft fly in to be judged, while spectators get to see a gathering of amateur built, antique and other unique aircraft — and meet their pilots, builders, and restorers! Expected highlights include the Chile Flight (formation flying team), helicopters, gliders, ultralights, and static displays of remote controlled aircraft.
What’s there to do?
- Come early to see aircraft as they arrive and catch the 8AM Opening Ceremony and flag raising
- Browse the Exhibit Hall with aviation businesses, educational institutions, and nonprofit organizations. Learn about aviation education, careers, technology, fun!
- Enjoy EAA 179’s FREE pancake breakfast and/or burger lunch, donations accepted
- Try riveting at the Builders’ Corner! 3D Printing! Talk to builders!
- Engage the kids in the Youth Aviators Center
- Attend any of 3 pilot safety seminars! 2017 schedule
- Shop at EAA 179′s Fly Mart and buy used aviation treasures
- Stroll the ramp of aircraft, military vehicles, and cars. See three OSH 2017 Award winners!
What to bring? A refillable drinking water container, sun protection, comfortable shoes, and your camera!
FREE Admission and parking, donations accepted. Any proceeds go towards activities supporting EAA Chapter 179’s mission including aviation scholarships, Double Eagle Aviation Adventure (summer teen program), Young Eagles events, and youth outreach activities. Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Aircraft Award Categories: Best Amateur Built Aircraft; Best Contemporary (1956-1970) Aircraft; Best Vintage Aircraft; Best Warbird; Best Light Sport Aircraft; Best Trike; Best Sailplane; Oldest Aircraft; Most Distant Fly-In; Grand Champion; People’s Choice; Kids’ Favorite
Thanks to all who contributed to LOEFI 2017’s success!
LOEFI 2017 SPECIAL NEWSLETTER LOEFI 2017 VIDEO by Dan Horschel 2017 Sponsors & Exhibitors 2017 AWARD WINNERS
FLYING IN? Listen to ATIS on 119.025. On first call, give distance and direction from airport. NOTE: tower controllers do NOT have radar. After landing, tell Double Eagle Ground that you are “going to the Fly In”. Expect to taxi to parking in the tie-down area on the north ramp. See ramp map. Bode will provide fuel off truck at self serve price. Tie downs limited; please bring chocks and ropes. Register with EAA179 for pilot gifts and to make sure to hear about next year’s event!
NOTE: NEW! During taxi, Tower may ask you to “hold short of the approach end of 22″. This procedure is required when there’s traffic on Final for 22. Both Alpha and Bravo taxiways are affected, near the approach end of 22. If you have questions, call AEG Tower.
Parking in front of Bode FBO is reserved for transient aircraft.
Double Eagle II Airport information: Airnav
STAYING OVER? Ask for special “Bode Aviation” rates at Rio Grande Best Western and Econolodge on Central. Rental cars available on prior request via Bode Aviation FBO.