September 21, 2019 at Double Eagle II Airport
LOEFI Exhibitor and general donations appreciated! $200 donation requested for a 10′ x 10′ Commercial booth; $50 for 8′ x 10′ Nonprofit Org booth. Reserve your booth today! Pay online or mail your check to EAA179; P.O. Box 3583; Albuquerque, NM 87190-3583.
Ramp Map from 2018
What’s a Fly-In?
Similar to a car show, aircraft fly in to be judged, while spectators get to see a gathering of amateur built, antique and other unique aircraft — and meet their pilots, builders, and restorers! Expected highlights include the Chile Flight (formation flying team), helicopters, gliders, ultralights, and static displays of remote controlled aircraft.
What’s there to do?
- Come early to see aircraft as they arrive and catch the 8AM Opening Ceremony and flag raising
- Browse the Exhibit Hall with aviation businesses, educational institutions, and nonprofit organizations.
- Learn about aviation education, careers, technology, in the Exhibit Hall and SEMINARS!
- Enjoy EAA 179’s pancake breakfast and lunch on site!
- Try riveting at the Builders’ Corner! 3D Printing! Talk to builders!
- Engage the kids in the Youth Aviators Center
- PILOTS! Attend SEMINARS about flying New Mexico, or starting a flying club!
- Shop at EAA 179′s Fly Mart and buy used aviation treasures
- Stroll the ramp of aircraft, military vehicles, and cars. See past Award winners!
What to bring? A refillable drinking water container, sun protection, comfortable shoes, and your camera!
FREE Admission and parking, donations accepted. Any proceeds go towards activities supporting EAA Chapter 179’s mission including aviation scholarships, Double Eagle Aviation Adventure (teen STEM program), Young Eagles events, and youth outreach activities. Questions? Contact us at email@example.com
Aircraft Award Categories: Best Amateur Built Aircraft; Best Contemporary (1956-1970) Aircraft; Best Vintage Aircraft; Best Warbird; Best Light Sport Aircraft; Best Trike; Best Sailplane; Oldest Aircraft; Most Distant Fly-In; Grand Champion; People’s Choice; Kids’ Favorite
FLYING IN? Listen to ATIS on 119.025. On first call, give distance and direction from airport. NOTE: tower controllers now have radar! After landing, tell Double Eagle Ground that you are “going to the Fly In”. Expect to taxi to parking in the tie-down area on the north ramp. Note that Taxiway Bravo no longer takes you directly to the ramp. You may have to cross Runway 22/4 using Taxiway B1 to A1. See new airport diagram.
See event ramp map.
Bode will provide fuel off truck at self serve price. Tie downs limited; please bring chocks and ropes. Register with EAA179 for pilot gifts!
NOTE TAXIWAY CHANGE: Accessing runway 17/35 from the ramp requires crossing runway 22/04. Also, there are new run up areas at both Runway 22 and Runway 17. Contact ground before proceeding FROM runup areas TO the runway unless otherwise instructed. If you have questions, call AEG Tower.
Parking in front of Bode FBO is reserved for transient aircraft. Self Serve fuel island will be closed. Double Eagle II Airport information: Airnav
STAYING OVER? Ask for special “Bode Aviation” rates at Rio Grande Best Western and Econolodge on Central. Rental cars available on prior request via Bode Aviation FBO.